It's been a while, and I'm nearly caught up on back-posting...there's just been so much...Greg's trip to Mexico and Italy with the USWNT, Brody starting preschool, allergy tests, another broken bone - yes - Brody broke his arm this time.....but I thought I'd just start right here for now and give you an explanation:
I got a new job.
I'm working full time for the first time in 10 years and I love it, but I wonder what I was doing before that kept me so busy because now I have NO time (and I used to think I had NO time.).
Several months ago, our dear friends Martin and Sarah asked us to come over. That conversation over coffee led to what will forever be a marker in our family's time line. They were moving. We were sad. There would be a huge hole at the church. Change. In the coming weeks conversations began about the possiblitiy of me not trying to fill his shoes, but trying on shoes of my own, as the director. Fast forward many weeks, prayers and confirmations and I'm working full time as the Director of Worship Arts at the Longpoint Campus in Mt. Pleasant. I can now see, for the first time, how the Lord has so carefully crafted the last 17 years for such a time as this. I never imagined some of those situations preparing me for these days - but they did and they have and they will.
I love my team - "the boys" as they are lovingly known around here - a band of precious ruffians who love the Lord and are passionate about making Him famous... all in their own way. I'm humbled and honored to be their leader and grateful for the opportunity...just can't wait to see what the Lord's got for us in these days. Through it all, my husband has been a wonder. From picking up Ethan at school, Brody from his new little preschool (which he loves), to making dinners and cleaning the house while we try to sort out this new normal for our family. I love this man and how he supports not only the dreams God has our family, but for my life as well.
God's been good, we've been busy - but we're grateful...crazy grateful.
3 comments:
congrats, friend! (as if it weren't hard enough already for you & me to get together.)
i am thrilled for you & so glad that you love it. let's make a real plan to be real friends after the new year. when in your new life do you have time? :)
sososo happy for you. lovelovelove.
This is so insanely exciting...the Tylers could not be more excited for you. We love you (even though we never get to see you) & we know you will do amazing things for the Glory of God! It is truly amazing to see how God is moving and how He prepares the way without us even knowing. Hugs from all of us!
Wow! That's so exciting Tara! And what an inspiration you will be to your boys showing them how you serve God through your ministry of music AND follow your dreams!
Post a Comment